Ashford Borough Council have drafted an initial plan for refurbishment of Kennington’s Garden of Remembrance.
Key features of the plan are:
- Replace the existing path with new natural Yorkstone paving
- Create a new path diagonally from Ulley Road to Upper Vicarage Road
- Create an earth ramp at the northern boundary to hide the drop from the Ulley Road pavement
- Plant a new hornbeam hedge at the Ulley Road boundary
- Install new seats at both boundaries
- Planting in shrub borders tidied up
We would like to know what you think of these proposals!
For example, do you think this should be a formal garden, or less formal to reflect the semi-woodland setting? What should happen to the shrub borders? Should community groups plant and maintain the garden, or should this be left to ABC?
Please have a look at the plans, then let the Forum have your views.
You can e-mail, or write to
Memorial Shelter Project, Kennington Community Forum,
47 Broadhurst Drive, Kennington, ASHFORD TN24 9RQ